NORTH FORK by Dandiliongirl Designs
I made a few modifications. I knit the Medium on Kraemer Perfection DK and The Sheepwalk’s Merino 175 DK.
- I cast on 10 stitches under the arms instead of 1.
- Instead of knitting 6 additional rows in Color 1 I went straight in to the white. This only changes the length by about 1 inch.
- The bottom edge or final four rows on front and back panels are garter. This flattens the edge a little.
- I picked up 12 stitches under the arms, knit around to one stitch before the first picked up stitch and ssk’d. Then I knit 5, placed a marker, knit 5, k2tog, knit back to marker. k1, k2tog, knit to three before marker, ask, k1. knit one more full round, then bind off round.
- If I were going to make longer sleeves I would bypass the decrease at the stitch marker for four rows then knit to elbow or wrist. I don’t like tapered sleeves because of my shape. And you don’t have a lot of stitches on the sleeve anyway.